Cook time20 minutes
- 2 sheets of Frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4oz of cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 tbsp of Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp of vania extract
- Raspberry jamFor the Egg Wash:
- 1 egg beaten with a splash of milk or water
1) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, line a couple baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2) In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla, set that aside and start rolling out the puff pastry.
3) On a lightly floured surface, roll out each piece of puff pastry, so it's about a half an inch bigger on each side, then cut the pastry into 4 squares, make a slit half way down in each corner of the pastry (watch video for clear instructions on this) add a dollop of the cream mixture in the center of each piece of pastry and follow that with a little dolop of the raspberry jam.
4) Form each square into a pinwheel (much easier to watch the video to see how this is done because it's a little trick to explain in writing) place them on your prepared baking sheets, brush the tops of the pastry with the egg wash and pop them in the oven to bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown, allow to cool and sprinkle some powdered sugar over the top and enjoy!
Report a problem