Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
- 2 lbs of Potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/8Â” slices
- 3 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- 1-1/2 cups of Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp of Fresh Thyme
- Few Leaves of Sage
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Small Pinch of Grated Nutmeg
- 1-1/4 cups of Grated Gruyere Cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, grease a baking dish with some butter and set aside.
2) Place half of your potato slices evenly in your buttered baking dish and set aside.
3) In a saucepan, add the butter and let it melt over medium heat, add the flour and stir together for about 1 minute.
4) Add the milk, cream, thyme, sage and garlic, bring to a simmer and cook until thickened. Season with some salt, pepper and nutmeg. Remove the garlic and herbs once the sauce is done.
5) Pour half of the cream sauce over the potatoes, repeat with the last layer of potatoes and cream, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
6) Remove foil, scatter the cheese all over the top and finish baking the potatoes for 15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Report a problem