Cook time20 minutes
- 4 Bone-in, Skin-on, Chicken thighs
- 12oz (or 1lb is even better) of Mushrooms of choice
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, sliced
- 1 Large Red Onion, peeled and cut into 6 wedges (3 per half)
- Pinch of Dry Rosemary
- 1/2 cup of Dry White Wine
- Olive Oil
- Handful of Italian Green Olives
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Handful of Italian
- Fresh Parsley or dill
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) In a cast iron skillet, add a few tablespoons of olive oil, preheat over medium heat until the oil shimmers and the pan is nice and hot.
3) Pat the chicken dry with some paper towels (don't skip this step) season well on both sides with salt, pepper and a bit of dry rosemary, place in the pan skin side down, do not touch it, let it cook about 4-6 minutes or until the skin is deeply golden brown and crispy, flip and cook 4 more minutes.
4) Remove the chicken from the skillet, place on a small oven safe dish and pop in the oven for 8 minutes.
5) Discard most of the fat in the pan except for a couple tablespoons, add the mushrooms, add a touch of salt and sautÃ© for a couple minutes, then add the onions, and garlic, reduce the heat to medium low and cook for about 5 minutes.
6) At this point, add the chicken back in the pan with the mushrooms mixture along with the olives, then drizzle in any drippings from the dish they baked on, along with the wine (do not let the liquid touch the top of the chicken) let it all bubble away on medium heat until the liquid is reduced by half, then top with herbs and serve right away!
Report a problem